Monday, April 02, 2007

Race Day Wrap Up - I finished at least....


Well yesterday was race day. We got up bright and early and made our way to the course. It was sunny but a little chilly. There were 8 of us from Liberty that ran so that made it a lot of fun. So at 8 am the race gun went off and we were off and running in our first 5k. The first mile went great. I felt great and felt like "Ok I can do this." I was toward the back of the pack but fine with taking it slow. Mike went off with out me so I ran with Jen and Chelsea. Once we hit the half way point I was starting to feel it. So we walked for a little while. The rest of the race was definately much harder. My legs were tightening up and it was also a windy day and we were running into the wind. To make a long story short, I was not able to run the whole thing, which I knew but 3.1 miles is farther than I thought! :) So I finished in 38 min 27 sec. I did not look and feel glorious as the woman in the picture in my last post. I was dead. I am not at all happy with my time. This race was a good gauge to tell me where I'm at though. I am a lot slower than I thought and still have a long way to go to be able to run the full 3.1 miles. There is another race coming up in 6 weeks that I think we're going to do and I hoping to be able to run the whole thing and much improve on my time. In the end, regardless of my time, and deadness, it was lot of fun. It was great to run with friends even though we were all at different fitness levels. The comradere before and afer the race definately made it more enjoyable. And not to mention that afterward there was a raffel and Mike and I both won gift certificates! :) It was a good day. Anyway, I've got lots of work to do! :)

That is what I looked like after crossing the finish line!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

Way to go, Marla! Six weeks is the next race, hmm? Maybe I'll think about doing it. :)