Monday, March 26, 2007

T Minus 6 days and counting....


6 days till 5k day. Our running miles for the last week and a half have been non existent. Between having family here and Riley being in the hospital it just didn't happen. So I'm pretty sure that we will be running/walking on sunday. But at the same time it gives us motivation to keep at the training so that eventually we will be able to run the entire 3.1 miles. There is another 5k at the end of May that I think we are going to do and HOPEFULLY we'll be ready to run all of that one.
I love the warm weather we've been having. I love that everything is becoming new again. The flowers are blooming, trees are showing first signs of leaves and the grass is green. I don't like the allergies that come along with that but I guess that's just part of it. Anywhoo...I hope to get at least 2 runs in this week before the 5k on sunday. Let's just pray no one else gets sick an the weather stays nice! :)

3 comments:

Suzy O. said...

That Stroller is a running torture device. I picked up the map for the course today. It is very flat. I think I'm going to try running it tomorrow. What race are you thinking of doing at the end of May? I was looking at maybe doing one on the 21st of April that is put on by Living Word Christian School. Have some good runs this week. I’m looking forward to Sunday.

Suzy O. said...

I found out about the race at the st. louis track club race site.
www.stlouistrackclub.com/
Link to calendar to see a lot of races comming up in St. Louis.

Suzy O. said...

I wasn’t able to run the complete course yesterday due to a soccer game. I ran the majority of it and it went well. Not a single hill to worry about. What I ran of the course took 27 minutes but I think I was about ½ a mile short. So I don’t know that a time of 30 minutes is going to be very attainable for me this time.